7 WAYS FOR YOU TO ENJOY THE LIGHT UP | Downtown Vernon
The Downtown Vernon Association wants you to get the most out of your Light Up experience so check out the list below and then come down on November 25th from 5pm - 8pm.
- SHARE IT! – The Downtown Light Up is an experience to share with family and friends. Bring the kids, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunts and Uncles, and grab the neighbors too! There will be something for everyone to see and do including ornament decorating, shopping and live entertainment, marshmallow roasting and great food.
- LIGHT THE TREE! - Downtown’s Christmas tree is wee but mighty and we look forward to watching it grow over the next few years! Catch Santa flicking the switch and lighting the ‘Legacy Christmas Tree’ between 6:30pm – 7:00pm. Located on the west end of 30th Avenue at Nature’s Fare near the bonfire and the main entertainment stage.
- TAKE PICTURES! - Charge the battery and attach the flash! Bring your camera to capture all the FA LA LA LA LA. Make sure that you are ready to capture the seasons memories at one of the many booths along 30th Avenue. Tons of opportunities at the photo booth, children’s games, and the plasma cars! They are little only once after all. Participating merchants list.
- EAT! – Downtown will be full of food options and we want you to be full as well! With over 40 restaurants to choose from and several additional food trucks the options are endless. Not that we want to encourage overeating, but nobody will be watching so go ahead!
- DRESS UP! – Dressed in your finest ugly Christmas sweater is the very best way to attend the Light Up! Pull it out of the closet and show that thing off, we won’t judge you but that doesn’t mean we won’t point and laugh. If the weather doesn’t cooperate we would then suggest dressing for the elements which might include an umbrella this year. Light Up goes rain or shine
- SING! – The Light Up is the one time of year that we encourage even the most out of tune singers to shout it loud, shout it proud! Carolers, choirs, and buskers will be singing Christmas carols throughout the Avenue and we want you to sing along. On the main entertainment stage is where you will find the more programmed music including the Kalamalka Military Band and the Okanagan Celtic Choir. See the line up here.
- CARPOOL! – We all want a great parking spot so to make sure that there is parking for everyone we strongly encourage that you cram the car! The Downtown parkade will be open late and metered parking is always free after 6pm. There is also free transit that night within City limits. Don’t forget that 30th Avenue will have many great activities so if you park at one end and walk to the other you will get to see it all AND have a great excuse to fill up on goodies!
Visit www.downtownvernon.com for further information. WE WILL SEE YOU THERE!