Seeking to recruit 2 students for Summer Events Crew | DOWNTOWN VERNON ASSOCIATION
The Downtown Vernon Association has the following summer positions available and is accepting applications now until May 21, 2018.
Summer Events Team (2 positions)
The Downtown Vernon Association is seeking to recruit 2 summer students for a summer placement as our Summer Events Team for 12 weeks, June 4 – August 21, 2018.
The successful candidates will assist DVA staff with the planning and implementation of summer events; delivery of marketing and promotion programs; production & distribution of event ads, press releases, blog posts and social media engagement; and development of a social media management plan. Additionally, the Summer Events team will engage in community outreach and host tour groups.
Candidates should ideally be studying in the field of Business, Marketing, Community Planning or Tourism and an interest/experience in event planning is an asset.
Position is 40 hours per week, 12 weeks, dependent upon funding, with flexible hours as weekend and evening work is required.
NOTE: Some funding has been requested through Canada Summer Jobs therefore all applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Full Job Description:
Job Title: DVA Summer Events Team Member
The Downtown Vernon Association is seeking 2 community-minded, hard-working individuals to represent the DVA Summer Events team. This will be a full-time position from June through August. Candidates must be able to work weekend and some evening shifts.
Start Date: June 4, 2018 End Date: August 21, 2018
Hours: 40 hours / week
8:30 - 4:30 pm, must be flexible, will include some irregular hours for special events throughout the summer
Wage: $14 / hour
Under the direction of the Events & Promotions Coordinator, the Summer Events Team will:
- Assist with the planning and implementation of major DVA summer events such as the Sunshine Festival, Jammin’ in Justice concerts, Civic Sounds concerts;
- Assist with the delivery of marketing and promotional programs including production, distribution and monitoring of program effectiveness;
- Assist with the production and distribution of event ads, press releases, blog posts and social media engagement;
- Develop a social media management plan using research, auditing and evaluation to provide recommendations and best practices;
- Assist the Events & Promotions Coordinator & DVA staff with other programs and duties as required.
Skills that will make you a Great Fit for this position:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- fluency in English
- excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- able to multi-task under stress
- able to work with team and independently
- previous office work and customer service experience is an asset
This position is well suited for someone pursuing a career in…..
- Event Planning
- Community Development
Employer: Downtown Vernon Association
#101 3334 30th Avenue Vernon, BC V1T 2C8 www.downtownvernon.com
To Apply: send resume to: [email protected] by May 21, 2018 or send resume to:
Downtown Vernon Association, #101, 3334 30th Avenue Vernon, BC V1T 2C8
Application Deadline Date: May 21, 2018.